We have been waiting for school to get out and for the warmer weather so we could all go swimming. Eric took the day off on Friday and we were at Valley Beach by 11:30.
Now, it's Sunday, and we all have been in the house since we got home from VB on Friday. I take that back, we did go see a movie yesterday. And you're probably wondering why aren't you outside enjoying this beautiful weather...well, it's because we forgot to put more sunscreen on during the day on Friday. Yes, all of us, including Josh, got sunburn. 3 out of 6 family members are bubbling on their shoulders. I'm guessing that's a first degree burn. Wonderful, there goes my Mother of the Year Award.
I'm telling you this so hopefully you will learn from our mistake. Not only do I feel like the worst mom, but I've had to listen to my children, God love them, whine and cry for the last two days!!! Our home has not been a fun place.
So, if you see us at VB and there's 4 boys who look like they dumped white paint all over themselves, it's because I BATHED them in sunscreen!!!!




4 comments:
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! if it makes you feel any better 3 of the 6 of us got sunburned on friday also.. Barry was working so he is one who didn't but I took the kids swimming all afternoon.. and even though I put sunscreen on them twice Ryan, Aniston and Myself all got burned. I have been wearing layers of tank tops in hope to look modest since putting a bra on my sunburnt back and shoulders ISN"T HAPPENING.. Poor Ryan is normally as white as a goast to start with now he is as red as a firetruck. Aubrie and Rhett has skin like Barry's and they just don't burn they just get really good tans.
That looks terrible. So far Robyn is the only one here that has been burned. I think its because she is starting to grow gills and the sunscreen won't stick to her scales.
oh, Lori. How miserable. It's a good reminder though. thanks.
WOW looks terrible.
Post a Comment